Senior Test Engineer / Architect
- Bay Area (Palo Alto, CA)
- Seattle, WA
We're looking for somebody to define what quality means and ensure a small, experienced engineering team releases high quality products with maximum efficiency. Successful candidates in this role will have to balance wearing the hats of a test architect, test engineer, software test engineer, build engineer, dev ops, and release management. Ideal candidates will have a reputation of being the quality moral conscience of their team. We're a seasoned team who understands the value of QA: you'll be able to focus on quality and not justifying why QA is important.
You thrive on solving new problems with capable teams and approach software engineering as a craft, not just a job. PrestoQ offers the unique challenge building an experience that spans enterprise services and consumer applications within the physical environment of a retail store.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- 10+ years of industry experience defining test architecture, best practices, test strategy, and test cases
- 5+ years of experience managing build and integration pipelines including defining release criteria for mobile or embedded software
- Proven ability to collaborate with engineers to define and defend test standards and ensure the release of a high quality product and a testable codebase
- Proven ability to identify potential quality risks and scenario complexity and balance test resources maximum the effectiveness of available test resources
- Confidence debugging client-side code in ObjectiveC, Swift, Java, and Kotlin
- Proven ability to set standards to ensure a codebase is verifiable including architecting unit, integration, and functional tests and application usage, monitoring and alerting
- Experience with JUnit and XCTests or experience on a diversity of comparable test frameworks
- Authorization to work in the United States
Ideal candidates have:
- A mix of startup and large software company experience
- The ability to creatively find what's wrong and could go wrong with a product work collaboratively with engineers to mitigate risks before they occur
- Full-stack software quality experience with a mix of services and client products
- A B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
With over $1.2 trillion in annual sales, grocery is the final frontier of retail not yet disrupted by technology. PrestoQ is an early stage startup with real clients building the technology platform that supermarkets will use to compete with the online giants who have conquered other retail markets. PrestoQ makes it cheaper, easier, and faster to shop at your local grocery store while improving profitability for the store.
Working For PrestoQ
We are working on a set of problems that require the best software engineers in the industry to get right. Our engineers are the pillars of the future of the company and they are treated and compensated as such. We're a small team of experienced industry professionals building an organization that can solve tough problems and values a collaborative environment.
Every PrestoQ engineer:
- Is a seasoned senior or principal engineer with many years of industry experience working on big, complex projects
- Has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Considers software development a craft that they're on a lifetime journey to master
- Will not settle for anything less than clean, SOLID, testable code
- Takes ownership of their domain from the ground up, from architectural decisions to coding to testing to operations
- Takes pride in keeping a tidy house with minimal technical debt
- Leaves their ego at the door and ensures the best idea leaves the room
- Is always experimenting with new technologies and learning new skillsets
If you've ever wanted to work on a project that blends a gorgeous consumer experience, sophisticated logistics, and scale that rivals the largest technology players, PrestoQ is the place for you.
Participate in the upside
Our team is the pillar of the future of the company and its members are compensated as such.
Precision and purpose with a balanced life
We're focused on moving precisely and with purpose. We know that you can't sprint non-stop. We believe that precise execution by seasoned talent will outcompete frenzied hackathons.
Senior team of seasoned professionals
Work on an experienced team with other industry-leading engineers who view software engineering as a craft. Sleep well at night knowing that you're backed up by an equally top-notch business team.
We help you stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision insurance