Senior Software Engineer
- Bay Area (Palo Alto, CA)
- Seattle, WA
- Remote Possible For Exceptional Candidates
We're looking for experienced engineers with a demonstrated ability to architect, code and maintain iOS applications with complex requirements while minimizing code duplication across multiple platforms. You thrive on solving new problems with capable teams and approach software engineering as a craft, not just a job. PrestoQ offers the unique challenge building an experience that spans enterprise services and consumer applications within the physical environment of a retail store.
- 5+ years of industry experience designing, building, and maintaining iOS applications in ObjectiveC or Swift
- Proven ability to collaborate with back-end services to build and integrate new features
- Knowledge of persistence solutions such as UserDefaults, Core Data and Realm
- Confidence with MVC, MVVM and iOS application architecture
- Expertise at ensuring your code is verifiable including designing and writing unit and integration tests with XCTests
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or a related field or comparable industry experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
Ideal candidates have:
- A mix of startup and large software company experience
- Experience with Android application development or contributing to projects with cross-platform frameworks such as React Native
With over $1.2 trillion in annual sales, grocery is the final frontier of retail not yet disrupted by technology. PrestoQ is an early stage startup with real clients building the technology platform that supermarkets will use to compete with the online giants who have conquered other retail markets. PrestoQ makes it cheaper, easier, and faster to shop at your local grocery store while improving profitability for the store.
Working For PrestoQ
We are working on a set of problems that require the best software engineers in the industry to get right. Our engineers are the pillars of the future of the company and they are treated and compensated as such. We're a small team of experienced industry professionals building an organization that can solve tough problems and values a collaborative environment.
Every PrestoQ engineer:
- Is a seasoned senior or principal engineer with many years of industry experience working on big, complex projects
- Has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Considers software development a craft that they're on a lifetime journey to master
- Will not settle for anything less than clean, SOLID, testable code
- Takes ownership of their domain from the ground up, from architectural decisions to coding to testing to operations
- Takes pride in keeping a tidy house with minimal technical debt
- Leaves their ego at the door and ensures the best idea leaves the room
- Is always experimenting with new technologies and learning new skillsets
If you've ever wanted to work on a project that blends a gorgeous consumer experience, sophisticated logistics, and scale that rivals the largest technology players, PrestoQ is the place for you.
Participate in the upside
Our team is the pillar of the future of the company and its members are compensated as such.
Precision and purpose with a balanced life
We're focused on moving precisely and with purpose. We know that you can't sprint non-stop. We believe that precise execution by seasoned talent will outcompete frenzied hackathons.
Senior team of seasoned professionals
Work on an experienced team with other industry-leading engineers who view software engineering as a craft. Sleep well at night knowing that you're backed up by an equally top-notch business team.
We help you stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision insurance