Principal Data Scientist
- Bay Area (Palo Alto, CA)
- Seattle, WA
PrestoQ's mission requires a deep understanding of shopper behavior so we can delivered tailored experiences and offers. As our Principal Data Scientist you will be responsible for leading our machine learning and data analytics efforts as we continue to scale our operations.
You thrive on solving new problems with capable teams and approach software engineering as a craft, not just a job. PrestoQ offers the unique challenge building an experience that spans enterprise services and consumer applications within the physical environment of a retail store.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- 7+ years experience using advanced statistical techniques and machine learning to build production services
- Mastery of clustering, machine learning, recommendation systems, and predictive analytic techniques with large data sets
- Operational experience developing and deploying models into cloud-based production systems
- Proven ability to collaborate with engineering teams to develop models and predictive systems that need operational service requirements
- Authorization to work in the United States
Ideal candidates have:
- A mix of startup and large software company experience
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals including large scale data engineering
- Experience leading a team of data scientists
- Located near Seattle, WA or Palo Alto, CA
- A B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
With over $1.2 trillion in annual sales, grocery is the final frontier of retail not yet disrupted by technology. PrestoQ is an early stage startup with real clients building the technology platform that supermarkets will use to compete with the online giants who have conquered other retail markets. PrestoQ makes it cheaper, easier, and faster to shop at your local grocery store while improving profitability for the store.
Working For PrestoQ
We are working on a set of problems that require the best software engineers in the industry to get right. Our engineers are the pillars of the future of the company and they are treated and compensated as such. We're a small team of experienced industry professionals building an organization that can solve tough problems and values a collaborative environment.
Every PrestoQ engineer:
- Is a seasoned senior or principal engineer with many years of industry experience working on big, complex projects
- Has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
- Considers software development a craft that they're on a lifetime journey to master
- Will not settle for anything less than clean, SOLID, testable code
- Takes ownership of their domain from the ground up, from architectural decisions to coding to testing to operations
- Takes pride in keeping a tidy house with minimal technical debt
- Leaves their ego at the door and ensures the best idea leaves the room
- Is always experimenting with new technologies and learning new skillsets
If you've ever wanted to work on a project that blends a gorgeous consumer experience, sophisticated logistics, and scale that rivals the largest technology players, PrestoQ is the place for you.
Participate in the upside
Our team is the pillar of the future of the company and its members are compensated as such.
Precision and purpose with a balanced life
We're focused on moving precisely and with purpose. We know that you can't sprint non-stop. We believe that precise execution by seasoned talent will outcompete frenzied hackathons.
Senior team of seasoned professionals
Work on an experienced team with other industry-leading engineers who view software engineering as a craft. Sleep well at night knowing that you're backed up by an equally top-notch business team.
We help you stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision insurance